Fox nuts, lotus seeds, basically known as makhana is a great munching snack. Roasted with a spoonful of ghee and topped with salt and pepper, crunchy makhanas taste heavenly. In fact, they count as a nutritious food and paved themselves in the list of “healthy food”. Lotus seeds come from a plant known as Euryale Fox that grows in the ponds in eastern Asia. They are low in cholesterol, sodium and fat, making them an ideal snack for evening munching snacks. They are gluten free, high in proteins and fibres. Moreover, makhanas are weight loss snacks. If they are eaten in write quantity at the right time and in the right manner they help to stimulate your weight loss journey.
What makes makhanas a healthy snack, and what helps it to reduce your weight. We will tell you all.
Health benefits of lotus seeds:
- Makhanas are rich in fibre and high protein snacks for weight loss. Eating in small portions will help you to achieve your goal weight.
- Makhanas are low in sodium and high in potassium and magnesium, which is good for people having high blood pressure.
- High calcium content makes them good for teeth and bones.
- The astringent property in lotus seeds helps to reduce kidney problems.
- They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that make them good for chronic inflammation and oxidative stress from the body.
- Lotus seeds are low glycaemic index foods, which helps diabetic patients.
- Calcium and iron present in makhanas make them great for pregnant women
Below are the reasons that make makhanas perfect for weight loss:
- According to the USDA, a cup of 32 grams of lotus seeds contain 106 calories. Makhanas are an excellent snack as they are low in calories.
- Makhanas can keep you full for a longer time, and this is because of a sufficient amount of -protein. Protein helps you to prevent overeating and cravings.
- They have negligible amounts of saturated fats, making them a healthy snack for munching.
- Being low glycaemic foods, fox seeds help to manage your blood sugar levels.
- They are good as fat loss snacks.
How to have Makhana for Weight Loss
Makhanas can be eaten ground as well as roasted also. Soaked overnight in water, they can be added to soups, salads or other curry vegetables. The puffed fox nuts are also added to rice puddings and other dry roasted snacks. Here are the ways you can use makhanas for weight loss.
In a heavy bottomed pan, dry roast the fox nuts on low to medium heat. When they are roasted evenly add only one table spoon of ghee, salt and pepper to it. Stir for a few minutes until they are mixed properly. After that keep them aside for cooling. Then, store them in an airtight container.
Instead of eating some fried snacks, eat a handful of makhanas every day to boost your weight loss journey. Needless to say, you have to workout and follow a healthy diet also. As you must be aware, anything in excess is bad. Excessive consumption of makhanas can cause allergies, gastrointestinal issues, constipation, bloating and flatulence.
If you are searching for healthy weight loss snacks, then no one is better than Baz India. We’ll give you the full information about healthy weight loss snacks the city. We believe in quality over quantity.